College fairs can be a little intimidating if you dawdle in to just look around. With so many colleges and ten times more people running around to get their questions answered, here is a list of some questions that may be useful next time you’re speaking to a college representative:
Questions to Ask at a College Fair
- How can I apply?
- What do you look for when admitting applicants?
- Do you take into consideration all four years of high school?
- What are the average SAT scores and GPA’s of your incoming class?
- What is your acceptance rate?
- What’s the cost of attendance?
- Does the school offer scholarships and grants?
- What financial aid forms do I need to fill out to be applicable for aid?
- What is the average financial aid package?
- Do you offer work-study programs?
- How large are the class sizes?
- What are the most popular degree programs/majors?
- Do most students graduate in 4 years?
- Can I study abroad?
- What are some of the most popular classes to take on campus?
- Is Greek Life big at your school?
- Where do you live throughout your four years?
- What are the most popular activities/clubs to be a part of?
- What is the campus setting? Rural, suburban, or urban?
- What’s something unique about the school?
The important thing at college fairs is to walk in with a purpose. Meet a college representative from a school you want to apply to and keep in touch with them so you can get additional questions answered. This might be your first direct encounter with a school you’re planning on applying to, so make it count.